With the evolution of mobile technology and the expansion of smartphones users are generating more and more multimedia content. At the same time, users love to watch videos that their friends have shared via the social networks. In this post we explain how you can take advantage of this trend by organizing a video contest for your next promotion that will enable you to obtain high-quality multimedia content as well as generate engagement with your followers.
In this post you’ll discover all about video contests and learn the following:
What you can obtain with video contests
Do you want to dynamize your Facebook Page with multimedia content? Are you thinking of organizing an event in which users upload videos from their smart phones? Or are you interested in getting multimedia material generated for your brand by your users?
Organizing a video contest provides the following benefits:
1. Multimedia content that speaks about your brand. Generating fun and creative new content is one of the fundamental requirements of any company or brand that cares about maintaining an online presence. It’s a way of attracting the attention of potential buyers and keeping the interest of those who are already clients of the brand. Organizing a video contest enables you to collect a large quantity of multimedia content about your products which you can then share via your online channels.
2. Without technological barriers. Organizing a video contest is very simple and requires no special programming knowledge. The tutorials, help icons and online support center will help you throughout the process. Don’t worry about all the multiple video formats – the application will take of the whole technical process so that all the videos, regardless of format, can be uploaded to, and played from, the gallery. This leaves you free to concentrate on managing the content of the contest.
3. Extra-easy participation. With smartphones now being so easy to use, making a video is just as simple as taking a photo. And, as our platform is smartphone compatible, the participant can even enter the contest from the device itself. If the user wishes to enter via Instagram, it’s even simpler – all they have to do is use the hashtag to link their entry to the contest. Videos are hugely popular with both contest participants and the wider public. Don’t limit yourself to a photo contest – let your users really express themselves via video.
4. Generate engagement. Users who create and consume multimedia content use channels other than Facebook to communicate and keep themselves entertained. For this reason, the different options for linking or uploading videos take into account the way the other networks function. If users have YouTube channels they might find it more convenient to link their videos to the contest rather than upload them again. Or, if they love filming videos with Instagram, they’ll be grateful for the option of participating via this channel. If you also activate voting for the videos you’ll see how both the virality and visibility of the videos in the contest grow exponentially.
5. Capturing new leads. As videos are a form of content that is usually shared often, this will enable you to disseminate your contest more widely and obtain more information from new users. You can also ask voters to provide you with their data as a requirement for voting. Make the most of the contest by generating a database and converting them in new leads for your brand. This way you’ll be able to loyalize them, contact them when you launch your next promotion, and generally widen your field of diffusion.
Read the rest of this entry »