One of the main goals of the administrators of a Facebook fanpage is to dynamize the fanpage by improving the engagement with their fans and, at the same time, getting new followers. The recruiting system of Easypromos provides the tool to create a new type of contest where increasing the number of fans is the main objective, taking advantage of the viral effect of Facebook promotions. We are going to explain you how this system works and how to create a recruiting contest.
This is a tutorial post where we explain how to set up a recruiting contest on Facebook step by step. The contents of the post are:
- What are the benefits
- What’s the participant user experience like
- What’s the recruited user experience like
- Statistics and analysis of results
- How to create a recruiting promotion step by step
- Some ideas to implement a recruiting contest
- Online demo
- Frequently Asked Questions about recruiting system
What are the benefits?
The main benefits of recruiting contests are:
1. Increase in the organic virality of the promotion. This type of promotion allows to select the winner depending on the number of new participants obtained by the users. A recruit user is a user that has accepted a user’s invitation to participate in the promotion. Contest virality increases since the participants themselves have the task of finding new users – recruits – in order to enter the promotion.
2. Increase the number of fans. To complete the entry form the user must first “like” the page that is holding the contest.
3. Increase Database of users. A user becomes a recruit by filling in the entry form. This user must accept the rules of the contest and provide their details at the end of the registration process in order to enter the contest. You can download all the information of the users in an Excel or CSV file.
What’s the user experience like?
For the participant user
In order to take part in a recruiting contest, the user must invite their friends and get them participate in the promotion, that is, these invited friends have to finish the registration form and provide their personal details. From this moment these invited users become recruit users. Furthermore, administrators have the possibility to fix a minimum number of recruit users to obtain.
The application itself provides different mechanisms to make the process of inviting friends to the promotion easy and fast. These inviting tools are 100% compliant with current Facebook rules.
When the participant user has finished the registration process of the promotion they access the final screen, with all the available options to invite their friends:
When the user has finished the registration process, the application automatically assigns a unique URL, which corresponds to their invitation link of the promotion. The application provides the user a series of tools to easily share this URL with their friends, increasing the contest virality.
The participant user has 3 different ways to share this invitation URL to recruit their friends:
1. “Sharing” buttons. The final page provides two “sharing” buttons which share the promotion content along with the recruiting link. Any of the user’s friends who take part in the promotion thanks to sharing actions carried out via this option will be counted among his/her recruited users.
Note: Any of your friends who take part in the promotion thanks to sharing actions carried out via this option will be counted among your recruited users. Administrator can define personalized messages to share through these channels.
2. Invite friends. When the user click the “Invite” button, a new window will pop to send direct invitations to via email to his/her friends:
3. Share your participation. If the contest also consists in participating with a text, photo or video that is then displayed in a public gallery, a share button will appear in the public gallery. There will also be a “Share your participation” button in the final page with which you can invite your friends by sharing your individual entry.
6. Copy/paste the invitation URL. Users can share tbe invitation URL anywhere on the Internet: forums, websites, e-mails, videos, etc. Any user who clicks on this URL will automatically be redirected to the promotion.
Sharing and inviting system on mobile is integrated with instant messaging apps (Whatsapp, Line y Telegram), i addition to Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest. Promotion’s link can be also shared by email. Learn more about sharing options via mobile.
For the recruited user
A user is recruited by one of their Facebook friends if:
1. The user has accessed through the promotion publication on the wall. If the participant user has published the promotion on their wall with an invitation to enter, their friends can see this publication and directly click the link to the promotion.
2. The user has clicked on the direct link. If the user has shared the promotion via Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or e-mail (and via Instant messaging apps), the user can click on the direct link to the promotion.
When a user accepts the invitation or clicks on the URL, they’re automatically redirected to the promotion and they’re informed about the friend that has sent them the invitation, showing the name and the Facebook image profile next to the “Enter” button, as we show on the image below:
General list of participants
All the users that participate in a recruiting contest can see the general list of all the participants of the promotion, in order to know how many friends they have recruited and, at the same time, discover the number of recruited users of the other participants. If the administrator has set up a minimum of recruited users to enter the promotion, a progress bar will be displayed showing the number of recruited users left in order to complete the contest.
Furthermore, in order to encourage rivalry among the participants of the promotion, the general list of participants can be ordered by “Top recruiters”, that is, the users that have obtained more recruited users appear on the top of the list in descending order.
Once the contest is finished, the page administrator can access the list of participants of the promotion in order to analyse the number of recruited users, as well as the users recruited by each participant. Furthermore, the administrator has the option to order the list depending on the top recruiters, that is, by placing at the top of the list the users that have obtained more recruited friends. This list can be exported to a CSV file, with all the recruited users obtained by each participant.
This list of participants can be complemented by the statistics module provided by the application, which includes the following graphs: recruiting percentage of the promotion, use of recruiting functionality through mobile devices, participation evolution, recruiting through time, etc.
How to configure a recruiting contest
Recruiting system broadens the possibilities of contests created with Easypromos and can be applied in the majority of promotions just like another functionality. Recruiting system is available in Premium and White Label versions of Easypromos. Click on this link to the Recruiters Contest tutorial.
Do you need ideas?
Recruiting contests widen the possibilities of contests created with Easypromos. Below we give you some ideas to use the recruiting system on your promotions:
- Get a minimum of recruits. Create a promotion where it’s required to recruit a minimum number of users to enter the promotion and win a prize. In that way, the draw will be carried out only among the participants who have obtained the required number of recruits established in the rules of the contest.
- Boost rivalry among the users. Organize a contest where the winner will be the user who has obtained the higher number of fans.
- The higher number of recruited users, the bigger chances to win. Create a sweepstake contest among the participants who have obtained the higher number of recruits, and participations will be assigned depending on the number of recruit users obtained, increasing the chances to win the prize.
- Send a discount coupon to the top recruiters. Would you like to reward the users that help grow your community? With the recruiting system you can easily identify them, register their information and send them a coupon as a prize via e-mail.
Easypromos CEO and co-funder
Publication date: 2013-03-05