Posted in: Applications for FacebookLast update: 20/01/21
In this post we explain, step by step, how to get started with Easypromos White Label:
- Accessing the Easypromos control panel
- Creating a new White Label promotion
- Advanced settings and preview
- Publication and customization of the app/tab
- Dissemination of the promotion
- Results analysis with advanced statistics
1. Accessing the Easypromos control panel
The first step is to access the Easypromos Control panel where you’ll find all the tools you need for creating and managing your promotions and contests, as well as your Easypromos account.
You can access the Easypromos Control Panel by following these steps:
1. Go to the Easypromos home page.
2. Click on the “Login” button:
3. You’ll be redirected to a page from where you can access the Easypromos Control Panel. This will enable you to gain access via your own Facebook account.
4. If this is the first time you access the Easypromos Control Panel, Easypromos will ask your permission to receive information from your Facebook’s public profile in order to confirm which Pages you administer.
If you want to find out how the centralized control panel works, and what the advantages of using it are, then check this link.
2. Create a new White Label promotion
In order to create your first promotion in this version, you simply need to do the following:
1. Click on the “Create new promotion” button:
2. From the dropdown menu choose the Facebook Page for which you want to create your promotion:
Note: If the Facebook Page in which you want to install the application doesn’t appear, this means that either you’re not connected as Page Administrator or you already have the Easypromos White Label application installed.
3. You should choose the version of Easypromos that you wish to use; in this case, White Label.
4. Fill in the promotion editing form
Once you’ve chosen the version of Easypromos you wish to use to create the promotion you’ll be taken to the editing form. This is where you can specify, one by one, the characteristics of your promotion:
- Step 1. Setting the basic characteristics of your promotion: title, description, default language, dates, etc. Later on, you’ll be able to set up more advanced features, depending on the type of contest that you’re going to create.
- Step 2. Choose a template for presenting the promotion.
- Step 3. Upload the main promotion image.
- Step 4. You arrive to the promotion’s administration panel, which is where you’ll spend most of your time. From here you can edit the advanced settings of the promotion and carry out any changes you need to make.
3. Advanced settings and preview
3.1. Setting up the advanced features of the promotion.
It’s important to know what type of promotion you wish to carry out, before you begin creating it. This is because the way you set up the editing form will depend on the type of promotion you want. Discover all the types of promotions that you can create with Easypromos – and how to set up each one – at the following link.
Example: in a question and answer type contest, you’ll need to focus on the “Editing form – Questionnaire” section; in a recruiting contest you’ll need to look at the part named “Recruiters Settings.”
To configure the advanced options, access the editing form and click on “Edit” in the administration panel.
While you’re setting up the promotion it’s useful to see how it is shaping up. You can do this via the “Preview” link.
From this panel you can see how the promotion looks with the images and the options you’ve selected. In this way you get an idea of how the user will see the promotion once it’s been published on your Page.
Preview tool options:
1. View all the pages of the promotion that participants will see. You just need to hover above the buttons and click on the one that corresponds to the page you’d like to see: access page, entry form, thank you page, list of participants or individual entry. These last two pages will only be shown if the option to make them public is activated.
2. View according to the access support of the promotion. Easypromos uses a responsive template that allows for optimum adaptation of promotion content to all types of mobile devices. As such, the preview tool also enables you to see how each page will look depending on the type of mobile device used to view it.
3. There’s a third option which is exclusive to White Label: choose the preview according to language. As this version of Easypromos allows you to create a promotion in more than one language, this tool lets you choose the language version of the promotion that you wish to preview.
Note: in both the Premium and White Label versions, where quizzes can be created, this option appears in the preview tool, as can be seen here:
The quiz is shown in the form page, hidden beneath the user registration form. By deselecting the quiz action it is also possible to preview the form. All questions in the quiz can be previewed. To go from one question to another you just need to click on an answer and you’ll be able to see the following question.
4. Publication and customization of the app/tab
Once the promotion has been created, and you’ve checked how it looks by using the preview tool, it’s time to spread the word to your users so they can take part. To publish a promotion you need to follow these steps:
4.1. Customize the app/tab. All promotions created with Easypromos are published in a Facebook Page tab. This means that once the promotion has been activated it will be published in the promotions tab. This provides direct access to the promotion. The big advantage to hosting the promotions in a tab is that the application offers many customization options. For example, you can customize the Like Gate (the image that appears when a user is not a fan of your Page) or the image that shows when you don’t have any promotions active, as well as the icon and tab name.
If you want to learn how to customize the promotion tab, check this link.
Each tab is associated with an application which it displays to the user when he or she accepts the permissions to take part in a promotion. By default, White Label promotions have an application. But to make the most of all the advantages of the White Label version, and achieve a complete customization of the promotion, you also have the chance to create your own Facebook application to store all the promotions that you create. Having your own Facebook application allows you to increase the level of customization, as you have more control over elements related to the tab, such as:
- Tab image.
- Tab name.
4.2. Activate the promotion. This step enables the promotion to be published on the start date that you set on the editing form, before the promotion has been paid for. To activate the promotion, follow these steps:
– Go to the administration panel and click on the “Activate promotion” link. You’ll be redirected to the activation area where you can then enter the customer and billing information that you need for managing invoices. The information entered will be saved for later activations, but if you need to, you can edit it via the “Edit” link.
– The next step is to formalize the payment of the promotion, via PayPal or an activation code. Once the payment has been made, the promotion will be published on the date that you’ve specified in the editing form.
4.3. Publish the promotion. Once activated, this will be published on the date you’ve indicated in the editing form and will be visible from the promotions tab on your Facebook Page, which works as a direct access to your promotion.
To give greater visibility to your promotion, you have different tools which allow you to publish the promotion on the Timeline of the Page so that your followers can be the first to find out about the promotion and take part.
We explain how to publish the promotion on your Page at the following link.
5. Dissemination of the promotion
To give greater visibility and dissemination to your contest you have the chance to create a campaign to highlight the promotion in the public list of Easypromos promotions. In this way, not only followers of your Page will find out about the promotion, but you’ll also reach a greater number of Facebook users.
All promotions created with the White Label version of Easypromos have two days during which they appear as highlighted promotions, free of charge. You can activate this option from the campaign diffusion screen at any time:
6. Analysis of promotion results
Once promotion registration has closed and the contest has concluded it’s time to analyze the results, to establish whether the objectives have been met, and to measure the impact that the promotion has had. These are the three options that may interest you when the contest has ended:
6.1. See participants. Access the general list of promotion participants. You can export this list, with information about all the participants, in an Excel file.
6.2. Winners. Once the contest has ended, you can choose the winners from the Easypromos application which allows you to carry out a random sweepstakes according to the criteria that you establish (for example, depending on the votes obtained or the number of users recruited). You also have the chance to publish the winners list inside the application, in accordance with Facebook guidelines.
6.3. Statistics. When a promotion finishes, one of the most important phases begins: the moment of analyzing the results to determine what the impact of your promotion has been. In all versions of Easypromos the administrator has access to the graphics and statistics of promotion results.
In addition, with the White Label solution, the administrator can obtain more advanced statistics to measure the results of the promotion in more detail. This can be done via this tool:
- Google Analytics: You have the opportunity to assign your own Google Analytics code in order to analyze the promotion results in more detail, especially in relation to the number of visits, page views, unique visits, most-viewed content, etc.
Do you want to start creating your White Label promotion?
Try out the White Label platform with no need to register or make any payment: just install the application on a Facebook page you manage and you’ll have access to your administration panel, which will allow you to create your promotion, configure it, preview it and discover all the functionalities of the White Label version. This test promotion will not be published at any time, but you’ll be able to do as many tests as you need and check what it would look like in case you finally published it. If you need to resolve any doubt, the Easypromos team will be at your disposal to help you with your first White Label promotion.
Publication date: 2013-04-18