Posted in: Success casesUpdated on the 17/02/2015
Houser & Houser is an online and social media marketing agency that provides its services to all kinds of businesses. It offers a complete catalogue of online services all over the world. Within the social media strategy that it offers to its clients, it always includes Facebook promotions, for which Easypromos is its most trusted partner.
Bruguer, the Spanish market leader in decorative paints for the home, belongs to the Dutch multinational, AkzoNobel. The brand maintains a strong presence on social media, involving all the online platforms in a comprehensive communication strategy, always with the omnipresent leitmotif of color.
The decision was made to carry out a video contest which any user could enter thanks to the lack of technical limitations. The videos had to be titled “Fill your world with color” and include the brand logo in the image for at least one second.
The prizes were enticing: 2000 euros for the overall winner and a weekend away for the five finalists. The contest developed in various phases over an eight week period.
The challenge of the campaign was to combine Facebook and YouTube and globalize the brand’s social campaign. As such, the objectives of the campaign were summarized in two main points:
- Increase in the number of fans of Bruguer’s Facebook profile.
- Quality audiovisual content to supply the brand’s YouTube channel.
The contest was technically difficult to implement since it was composed of two phases:
A first phase in which each participant could progress in the contest by collecting a minimum of 20 votes.
A second phase, with five finalists chosen by a specialized jury from among all who had successfully passed the first phase, and a popular vote to dictate the final winner.
Despite the limitations, the Easypromos Premium solution was chosen. The flexibility of the platform, together with advice from the Easypromos team, enabled the promotion to be developed and carried out without complications. See an online demo of a video contest created with Easypromos.
The two targets were far surpassed:
- Almost 4,000 new fans for Bruguer’s Facebook profile.
- 36 participants, of which 11 were considered of a high audio-visual quality by those in charge of the brand.
The Easypromos Premium tool is very flexible, and adaptable to any type of contest or promotion. With the help of the Easypromos customer service team, we were able to organize the contest using the platform, releasing us from the need to program it ourselves. This saved us a lot of time, work and money.
Partner in Houser & Houser
- Case study – SEOflexia: Phrase voting contest in Facebook
- Case study – Belros: How to carry out a survey in Facebook
- Case study – Black&Decker: How to carry out a market survey in Facebook
- Case study – Jorge Lorenzo: Multilingual recruiting contest
- Case study – Free Smoke Bcn: Validation of codes
- Case study – Clix: Quiz
- Case study of agencies: Photo voting contest
- Case study: How to get 50,000 fans in 10 hours
- Case study: How Macau presented their new website with a trivia quiz
- Case study – Oysho: Multi-language and multi-country photo contest
- Other case studies
Easypromos CEO and co-funder