Are you thinking about creating a sweepstakes on Facebook based on a post published to your Wall? Would you like to carry out a sweepstakes on Twitter among all your followers, or among those who retweet your tweets? Let us introduce a free tool, especially designed for rapid sweepstakes held across the social networks, which enables the administrator to create and host the terms and conditions. The tool is designed for sweepstakes on Twitter and Facebook – environments in which you have a limited space to explain how the sweepstakes work and what the conditions are. The tool can also be used to organize a promotion or contest on another online channel – on a webpage or blog for example. In this post you can find out how to use the tool to create terms and conditions for your contests.
Sweepstakes on Facebook and Twitter provide an excellent opportunity to dynamize your social networks: on Facebook the user needs only comment on or ‘like’ a wall post; while on Twitter the user must retweet a tweet posted by the brand. These are quick, dynamic actions, easy and convenient to manage by the administrator, and simple to carry out for users, thus generating a high level of engagement and a large quantity of participants.
These types of sweepstakes develop from a Facebook post or a Twitter tweet, meaning that care must be taken when creating the initial post or tweet. It’s important to not only transmit the message encouraging participation, but to explain to users how the sweepstakes works, informing them of the deadline for participation and the prize to be won, etc. It can be difficult to include all this information in the confined space of a post or tweet. So how can you inform users about the terms and conditions of your sweepstakes? With the aim of helping administrators with this, here at Easypromos we have developed a free tool for creating and hosting the terms and conditions of a promotion or sweepstakes. This tool provides administrators with a link to be able to share the terms and conditions with users.
How does the Terms and conditions tool work?
The operation of the tool is very simple: it consists of creating and customizing a webpage where you’ll be able to include a text outlining the terms and conditions of the promotion, then obtaining the URL of this webpage in order to share it with users.
Below we explain how this tool works:
1. The tool is available for free from the Easypromos admin panel. All you need to utilize the tool is an Easypromos account.
2. The tool will permit you to create and customize a webpage where you’ll be able to include the complete text of the terms and conditions of the promotion. For greater customization, you’ll also be able to use some tools – such as bold, numbers and italics – to make the text easier to read.
This is how the area for writing and editing the legal bases is displayed:
3. The tool provides a unique URL of the webpage where the terms and conditions are hosted. This enables you to include the link in the post itself so that users can use it to access the bases whenever they need to:
When the link is clicked on, a page will open with a detailed description of the terms and conditions of the sweepstakes:
On Twitter, space is even more limited than on Facebook: you only have 140 characters with which to inform your users about the next sweepstakes, encourage them to take part and explain how to do so. Publishing all this information on a webpage by using the free Easypromos tool is the best option for presenting the terms and conditions of your Twitter sweepstakes because you will be provided with a shortened link to include in your tweets.
You can also use the Easypromos tool for terms and conditions if you’re thinking of organizing a sweepstakes directly on your webpage or blog. The main advantage of doing so is that you can create the terms and conditions page in just two clicks, meaning that you’ll be able to publish the link to the terms and conditions easily and include ot in your webpage.
Some practical tips
- In your terms and conditions include all the information that will be relevant and useful to the promotion participants: start and end dates of the promotion, participation requirements, how the promotion works, how the winner is selected, which prizes are on offer, etc.
- The tool provides you with the URL of your terms and conditions, plus a shortened version of the URL, which facilitates sharing across the social networks. Take advantage of this by including it in all communications that you carry out to publicize your promotion: on your Facebook posts, your tweets, your website, via newsletter, etc. In this way, users will always have them to hand in case they wish to check how the promotion works.
- You’ll be able to reuse the terms and conditions for later sweepstakes since all terms that you create will be available from the admin panel.
How to access the tool
In order to use the tool to create your terms and conditions, you first have to connect to the Easypromos control panel. From here you’ll be able to create your account in just two clicks. Once you have created your account, you can access the tool, and from there you can customize the terms and conditions of your sweepstakes.
Customer care Easypromos’ team