Posted in: Digital marketingLast update: 02/07/20
97% of promotions run on social media last less than 2 months. This is the conclusion of a study that we performed in November 2015 where we analyzed more than 100,000 promotions divided between sweepstakes, contests, quizzes, surveys and other types of promotions. The remaining 3% are the long-running promotions with a duration of more than 2 months. In this post we will announce the new prices for long-term promotions that will be valid from August 1, 2017.
We consider a long-running promotion to be one that has a duration of more than 2 months. 4 examples of long-running promotions are:
- Product recommendations based on a multiple-choice test, permanently hosted on the brand’s website. This is the case of Kettlewell Colours that automatically recommends the best colors to the users after answering a short survey on their web.
- A quiz that’s permanently hosted on a website or on Facebook where users obtain a discount coupon valid for the next 24 hours after completing the quiz. It’s what this brand that sells rodent repellant systems does in this success case.
- Video contest during the summer season. During summer, many brands host a permanent social media video competition that lasts the three months of the vacation period. It’s a good way to target the maximum number of users.
- Permanent gallery with photos, videos or reviews/opinions about a service or product. For e-commerces, a good marketing action to capitalize on the customers’ satisfaction is to ask them to publish a review on social media with a hashtag on Twitter or Instagram. This reviews gallery will be updated automatically and can be published on a website or even in a tab on a Facebook page. For example, in this case study of a multi-language photo contest, a special page on their website was created to host the photo gallery of the contest.
New Pricing Plan
Starting August 1, 2017, a new pricing plan applies for long-running promotions. To calculate the total cost of the promotion, these two prices are taken into consideration:
- Price for activation: This is the price that includes the activation of the promotion and a maximum duration of 2 months.
- Price for additional months: This is the price for each additional month that’s added to the price for activation in case the organizer wants to run a promotion for longer than 2 months.
For example, if a promotion has a duration of 2 months and 10 days, the total cost will be the price for activation + 1 additional month. If the promotion should last 4 months and 6 days, the total cost will be the price for activation + 3 additional months.
The price for activation and for the additional month depends on the version of the promotion. The version selected depends on the features the organizer of the promotion needs. We have three versions available: Basic, Premium and White Label, and the prices are:
- Basic promotions:
- Price for activation: $19 USD / 19€
- Price for additional month: $10 USD / 10€
- Premium promotions:
- Price for activation: $100 USD / 80€
- Price for additional month: $50 USD / 40€
- White Label promotions:
- Price for activation: $250 USD / 250€
- Price for additional month: $125 USD / 125€
So, if for example you’re hosting a photo contest in basic version that has to run 4 months, the total price would be $39 USD.
With this new price model for long-running promotions, it’s no longer necessary for the client to buy a monthly or annual subscription plan. The subscription plans have been designed for agencies or brands that:
- Run more than one promotion per month
- Agencies with several clients who are looking for a pricing plan that covers promotions for all their clients
- Are looking for a subscription to avoid making payments for each individual promotion.
In this link you can see our pricing page that already includes the solution to long-running promotions.
International Business Developer in Easypromos
Publication date: 2017-08-01