Social media giveaways are on the rise – especially with co-branding, sponsorship and influencer marketing in the mix. Here’s your guide to collaborative giveaways, using the new tool to invite and connect with collaborators.
In the last few months, we’ve seen some clear trends emerging for giveaways with collaborators. Let’s take a look at those trends – and what they mean for your social media.
- More co-branded giveaways, where businesses work together to run a giveaway with a single prize. For example, small brands on Instagram often create “prize bundles” between them.
- More sponsored giveaways, where brands work with influencers to bring their products to a wider audience.
- More giveaways with ads, where brands work with advertizing agencies to create content and increase their reach on social media.
But here’s the problem with each of those ideas: you don’t want just anyone to access your social media. Whether it’s another brand, influencer or agency, it’s understandable that you wouldn’t want to hand over your passwords.
So instead, let’s take a look at how to run giveaways with collaborators – with the simple, secure invitations tool.
How to set up giveaways with collaborators
When you create a giveaway on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, the biggest challenge is sharing it. Even the most beautiful design or valuable prize will be overlooked, if you can’t get enough attention online.
That’s one of the main benefits of giveaways with collaborators: you effectively double your reach by speaking to two groups of followers at once.
The most popular social media giveaway is based on comments. You simply publish a post, ask your followers a question, and then select a winner from the comments section. But here’s the twist: only the account administrator can connect their account to Easypromos, to select a winner at random.
Tools like this are more important than ever, as followers demand more transparency from brands. You just can’t get away with scrolling through the comments and choosing a name. So if you run giveaways with collaborators, you need a way to connect your accounts securely.
Co-branded giveaways on Instagram
Take a look at this example of a co-branded marketing campaign. A healthy eating brand and a fitness tracking service teamed up to unite their online communities.
The collaboration makes sense: they are speaking to similar audiences. That gives them the power to recommend each other, add more followers, and increase engagement by working together. So how can they connect?
Here is how the invitation tool works. First, create a giveaway post. Your collaborators can publish their own original post, and wait for the comments to roll in.
- Next, connect your post to the multi-network giveaway app.
- Send each of your collaborators a unique, secure invitation link.
- Your collaborators click the link and confirm their identity with Instagram.
- Comments from all the posts are included in your prize draw.
So you can send invitations to influencers, brands, and agencies – without ever giving them access to
your Instagram account.
If you want to run a giveaway with collaborators, come and chat live with us for even more info and support!
Corinna KeefeContent marketer at Easypromos
Publication date: 2019-01-21