The short answer is “Yes!” In fact, linking their Instagram account to a Facebook page is one of the best things a brand can do if it wants to make the most of all the features and tools that both social media platforms offer. Linking your accounts makes it easier to run ads; to unify content and upload it to both platforms simultaneously; to open a shop and create a product catalog; and to launch giveaways and get your first Facebook followers. And there are plenty more reasons why it’s a good idea to connect the two accounts. Don’t worry if this all seems a little complicated at first. You’ll soon see that it’s actually very simple.
Pointless or profitable?
Have you ever tried putting music to your reels before realizing that you can only do so if you integrate your accounts and change your category from Facebook? Have you ever wanted to advertise on Instagram but were told it’s better to do so from Facebook Business Manager? Maybe you keep posting the same content manually on each social network and have yet to take advantage of Facebook Creator Studio. Or perhaps you’ve spent your valuable time trying to set up your product store on Instagram to no avail.
We could describe plenty more situations, but one thing you can be sure of is that, whatever the scenario, linking your accounts will help you design and execute a more effective Facebook and Instagram strategy. In addition to helping you solve technical problems, linking your accounts will provide you with greater brand recognition and help you reach a wider audience.
Advantages of linking Facebook and Instagram
However, to really make the most of Instagram for business it’s not enough to just integrate your account with Facebook. Integration is important if you want to really make the most of both platforms, but that alone is no guarantee of success. Also vital when it comes to making an impact on Instagram and Facebook is posting valued content, being constant, innovating, answering users’ messages in the shortest time possible, organizing free giveaways, and using the relevant hashtags. However, integrating both social networks can certainly help you achieve better results when it comes to optimizing time and resources. Let’s have a look at some of the key benefits to linking Facebook and Instagram!
- Carry out more strategic advertising campaigns. From Facebook you can launch advertising campaigns on both social media platforms simultaneously. One of the main advantages of doing this with Facebook’s Business Manager (a free tool that can help you carry out the company’s marketing actions more easily) is that you can finetune every tiny detail when it comes to audience segmentation and other variables such as budget, targeting, formats, and where you want your ads to appear. The metrics you obtain in Facebook about campaign performance are far more complete than those provided by Instagram alone.
- Facebook still has a far more powerful database than Instagram, so linking both accounts means that your posts and ads will reach more users.
- For an Instagram sales strategy to really be effective you should link both social networks. This is because it is from the Tools panel of the Fan Page that you must set up your catalog and shop: uploading products, creating cards, and providing the information and documents that Facebook requires in order to approve the store.
- Save time and energy when publishing. Although Easypromos doesn’t usually recommend posting exactly the same content to Instagram and Facebook, we understand that you may have a strategy that involves sharing “mirror content” or that, on occasion, you may identify content that deserves to coexist on both social networks. In such cases, it’s in your best interest to link them so that you can publish or schedule them to be published simultaneously, without having to publish them separately on each platform.
- In addition to being able to integrate third-party applications more easily, connecting Facebook with Instagram enables you to manage Instagram DMs from the inbox of your Facebook page. That’s a real time-saver!
Simple steps for linking your Facebook to an Instagram business account
Before you start, make sure your Instagram account is a business one. If it’s not, this is easily rectified by clicking on Edit Profile and selecting “Switch to Professional account”. You must also be the business administrator of the Facebook page you wish to connect to. Once you’ve done this, follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap “Edit Profile”.
- Go to “Public Business Information” and select “Page”.
- Click “Create a new Facebook Page” or “Connect to an Existing Page”.
- Now choose the page you wish to connect to.
And that’s it! As you can see, it’s a very simple process, but you’ll soon see how beneficial it is to your Facebook and Instagram strategy.
*One more thing: if, after you’ve followed these steps, the page you wish to connect still doesn’t appear in the drop-down menu of your profile, then maybe you’re not listed as the admin of that page. Fix this in the page settings and make sure you have permission to add the page to your Instagram business account.