Posted in: Digital marketingLast update: 17/02/22
Ever heard of before and after photo contests? If so, you will know that they’re the perfect way to showcase your product’s real purpose. Promote your offering by showing your products in action and giving visibility to all the loyal customers that share their transformations with your brand. Read on for examples and templates.
What is a before and after photo contest?
Before and after photo contests show real and inspirational stories and transformations that your online community members have gone through. They demonstrate how certain challenges or difficulties can be overcome, giving inspiration and ideas to your followers. Before and after competitions also tend to create emotional connections between your brand and its audience, as you show that you care about the stories of your followers or clients.
By inviting users to share before and after photos of their metamorphosis or makeovers you collect social proof for your content calendar, as well as you get to:
- Foster customer relationships. Give visibility to your customers and their effort by showcasing their journey. It helps you tap into customer loyalty and trust.
- Show the potential of your product or service. By sharing before and after pictures of transformations and makeovers you show your products in action. What better way to promote your offering?
And the good news is that you can now run before and after photo contests with Easypromos! Our Multimedia Contest app allows participants to upload multiple images to the contest app, making it possible to show the before and after pictures that they wish to share with your brand.
How to organize a before and after contest with Easypromos?
The Multimedia Contest app allows users to upload up to five content pieces in one participation: photos, videos, PDFs, or audio files. The uploaded content is then uploaded as an album which the participants can name. Additionally, entrants can use a dedicated space to add a comment to each content piece, making it easier to provide additional information about their journeys.
Apart from encouraging your online community to share their before and after photos, you can also invite your followers to vote for their favorite transformations or metamorphosis. This will definitely prompt social media sharing, as participants are more likely to share their participation with friends and family to ask for more votes. The good news is that each user that registers to vote automatically becomes a new member of your database, as they have to accept terms and conditions in order to submit their votes.
Take a look at the following before and after photo contest demo that we created to let you test the user experience.
Here’s an example of how a home improvement company could organize a contest for the best do-it-yourself home renovation. Users would participate by uploading a picture or video of, for example, their kitchen before the renovation and another photo showing the improvements.
Let’s go back for a second to what we’ve already mentioned: votes. In the above image, you can clearly see that each user gets a total of three votes: giving one, two, and three points to their favorite entries.
Ideas for before and after photo contests
Would you like to launch a before and after photo contest for your audience? Here are just some ideas that you could go for:
- Home renovations or improvements. Just like we explained above! And here’s an example of how to show all the user-generated content on social media.
2. Garden revamps. Invite your followers to give a second life to their backyard garden, or ask them to share with you their completed projects. All the UGC that you collect you can then reshare on your social media channels to further promote your brand and products. By publishing photos of real customers and real projects, you reinforce customer loyalty and drive more potential customers to your business.
3. Body transformation. This is one of the most popular types of before and after photo contests. Give visibility to your customers and praise their achievements and effort by sharing pictures of their body transformations. Invite participants to upload snaps showing their pre- and after-transformation bodies and reward their hard work. This is especially popular with personal trainers, gyms, and course providers.
4. Makeovers. Do you have a hair or beauty salon? Why not ask your customers to share their before and after pictures to choose the best transformations achieved with the use of the products that you sell.
5. Decorations or house clearouts. Just like with home renovations, the bigger the change the better! Reward the participants with the most votes or thank all by giving away discounts and vouchers. You can also organize a final giveaway among all participants to further boost brand loyalty.
Are you ready to launch your before and after photo contest? Or maybe you already ran a successful competition that you would like to share with us! Make sure to chat with us!
Publication date: 2022-02-17