International Play Day is celebrated on the 28th of May. Promoted by the International Toy Library Association, it aims to raise awareness of the importance of unstructured play for the development of children. Having time to play is a right enshrined in Article 31 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Why is play so important?
- Play helps develop intelligence, creativity, curiosity, socialization, commitment, and emotional attachment.
- It encourages the development of higher cognitive functions (thinking, remembering, reasoning, reading), and psychological, motor, and physical skills (motor skills, balance, coordination).
- Play helps children learn how to manage emotions such as frustration, fear, and anger, helping them to cope with situations of stress, anxiety, depression, or adversity.
- It enhances negotiation skills in group dynamics, empathy, understanding, and commitment.
- It contributes to the development of language, scientific and mathematical reasoning, critical thinking skills, and self-control.
Having mentioned the benefits of play for children’s development, we can also say that these principles largely apply to adults as well. However, it’s important to keep in mind that play should be practiced in moderation and for educational or entertainment purposes.
Why is it important for your brand to celebrate International Play Day?
Given its success, and the fact that Play Day is celebrated in over 40 countries, recreating traditional dynamics such as board games or paper-based pastimes with gamified actions at a digital level is the way to go in our digital day and age. Thus, you can celebrate this day with your audience and, at the same time, introduce gamification into your marketing strategy. By implementing these types of actions, you can achieve several cost-effective benefits for your business or brand:
- Incentivize participation in promotional activities.
- Engage your internal and external audiences.
- Capture the attention of users and, consequently, gather new contacts.
- Enhance brand awareness and branding.
- Diversify social media content or digital channels.
With Easypromos you get the necessary tools to create games, puzzles, quizzes, and other gamified dynamics. The platform is completely self-service, it doesn’t require programming skills, and games are fully customizable with your corporate imagery. You can also do random prize draws among all participants, reward users with the highest scores, and offer direct prizes for participation… It’s entirely up to you!
With this in mind, let’s take a look at some examples of games created with Easypromos.
Three examples to celebrate International Play Day
Digital Puzzle to strengthen brand recall
Increase the brand exposure and recall with a customized interactive puzzle. You can incentivize participation by offering one or multiple prizes to the top-ranked players or by doing a random prize draw among all participants.
Prize wheel to engage your audience
Engage with your audience with a branded spin the wheel promotion. Users can try their luck and instantly find out if they have won a gift or discount. Take advantage of the excitement of the prize wheel to entertain while collecting contact information from potential customers. Customize the prize wheel with your corporate image and share the game’s URL on your social media or digital channels.
Knowledge Quiz to capture users’ attention
Capture users’ attention with an educational and gamified challenge: a knowledge quiz. As the organizer, you can define the correct answers and the application will automatically assign points to participants who answer correctly. Offer a prize to those who complete the quiz to incentivize user registration.
We hope you find these ideas to create a gamified action to celebrate International Play Day with your audience useful and inspiring. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact our support team via live-chat. We will be happy to help!