Tourism Promotion Ideas
Ideas and resources for your tourism marketing campaign
Are you looking for innovative marketing ideas to promote tourism? Do you want to generate visibility for your business, brand, or tourist spot? You've landed at your destination!
Welcome to our travel and tourism marketing hub where we've collected real examples of successful tourism marketing campaigns! Get inspired by our ideas and tips for effective promotional actions and check out our pre-configured templates for tourism and travel promotions. Get a hang of running social media giveaways for travel agencies and hotels, and discover how to generate brand engagement and visibility with contests and interactive games. It's time to create your next tourism campaign.
- Run social media giveaways - on World Tourism Day and all year round!
- Some ideas for promoting hotels and tourist accommodation
- Promote tourist destinations with our creative ideas and tourism games
- Promotion ideas for promoting restaurants and local businesses
- Travel and transport agencies: ideas for promoting your products
Our resources for travel and tourism marketing ideas
Some ideas for promoting hotels and tourist accommodation
It's common for people to book their hotel stays and tourist accommodation after looking at web pages, hotel comparison sites, and social media. Being active on social media helps hotels stand out from the competition, especially during busy periods like the summer holidays. Use social media promotions for your tourism marketing campaign and attract visitors like never before. Want to reap more benefits from your tourism promotions? Add registration forms to maximize lead generation!
- See interactive examples and ideas for promoting your hotel or tourist accommodation.
- Create a photo contest with your logo or corporate image so that guests can become brand ambassadors. Try our travel photo contest to promote your hotel and collect user-generated content. If you like it, download it as a template.
- Organize an online game to generate engagement with your audience. Try this Travel Minesweeper promoting a campsite. Download our pre-configured template to launch your own travel game in minutes.
Promote tourist destinations with our creative ideas and tourism games
There are many ways of attracting tourists to your destination or establishment through online channels and social networks. Depending on what your main marketing objective is, one promotional dynamic might interest you more than another. Below, you'll find some success stories and articles showing you the options best suitable for your brand. Take a thorough look at all the examples of branded games you can create for your travel agency or brand.
- Discover how a travel agency promoted a new tourist destination with the Scenes app.
- Mini-games have the power to engage audiences, as well as better position your brand. Check out some of the most creative examples of games used in tourism marketing strategies.
- A popular tourist destination in the United States launched a Prize Calendar to generate exposure for their town.
- Each year the diving holiday platform Diving Specials organizes a Scuba Girls Diving Photo Contest to grab the attention of women who might be interested in diving.
- Learn how a Hungarian aqua park attracted visitors with season-opening discounts.
Promotion ideas for promoting restaurants and local businesses
Restaurants, bars, and other catering businesses are an important part of the tourism sector. There are many types of online promotions that they can use to attract customers and better position the brand and service offered, generating engagement and visibility. Here are some ideas and templates for promoting restaurants and bars as part of a tourism marketing campaign. And incorporated registration forms will help lead generation.
- Organizing giveaways on Instagram and Facebook is a great way to generate brand awareness. And it shouldn't be hard to pick a prize: simply offer a dinner for two in your restaurant or a discount voucher for use in your establishment. Use our Instagram or Facebook template for restaurant giveaways to generate engagement on your social media channels.
- You can also generate leads for your restaurant's mailing list using this Entry Form Giveaway.
- Incentivize people to leave reviews and ratings with a promotion like this Survey with a guaranteed prize.
- Is it your restaurant’s anniversary? Run a prize draw among everyone who takes part in your photo, video, or text contest, like in this video contest organized by a restaurant.
- Discover more ideas for promoting your restaurant on social media.
Travel and transport agencies: ideas for promoting your products
After a very tough couple of years for the travel and passenger transport industries, it’s time for companies to start raising brand awareness among consumers once again. That’s why online promotions are such a good idea. Take a look at the following ideas and put into practice the one that fits your budget and marketing goals the best. They all come with templates to make your life easier!
- Game of Thrones Travel Quiz DEMO and template with themed holiday prize.
- DEMO and template for a Puzzle promotion for a travel agency.
- DEMO and template for a tourist landmark tournament. Perfect for attracting users looking for trips and holidays.
- Game of Thrones Travel Quiz DEMO and template with themed holiday prize.
Frequently asked questions
How can I promote a tourist destination online?
There are lots of ways to advertise your region, town or tourist attraction. Social networks and online channels make it possible for you to reach an extremely wide audience. Often, one-way advertising doesn’t cut through, so it’s much better to use interactive dynamics such as games, promotions, sweepstakes and contests to grab people’s attention. It’s now very easy to implement this type of online action thanks to platforms like Easypromos.
Is it possible to capture data from online users interested in my tourist destination in a way that’s cost-effective and transparent?
Yes, there are actions you can carry out on social media that will generate plenty of interest and interaction from your audience. Examples include contests, quizzes and games. If you add an incentive—such as access to a prize giveaway or discount codes—you’ll soon see that this is a very effective way of obtaining data from users interested in your destination. The key is to call attention to your promotion and offer a stay at your destination as a reward, thus ensuring that all participants are interested in your product.
Easypromos apps allow data to be captured in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), making it possible to obtain the express consent of users for the brand to communicate with them at a later date.
If this is my first time launching an online tourism campaign, which type of promotion should I go for?
We always recommend starting with a simple giveaway on social media. For example, a comment-based giveaway on your Instagram profile will enable you to promote your brand to an interested audience. Display your product as a prize and ask users to participate by commenting on the post with their response to a question that you ask. In this way you’ll see how the audience responds and you’ll start to familiarize yourself with these types of promotional actions.