Posted in: Ideas for your websiteLast update: 21/01/21
There are some aspects of your promotion that you must take great care of to ensure the promotion’s success. Graphic design is one of those areas. In this post we give you some quick tips for ensuring that the graphic design of your social media promotions is as effective as possible.
The image you transmit is important. It’s what will help you capture the attention of users and encourage them to take part in your promotion. Take note of these 8 tips for achieving high-impact graphic design to make your promotions look as good as possible.
1. Be consistent with your brand image. Although you want to be as original and creative as possible you should not stray too far from your brand image. There’s nothing wrong with breaking with tradition occasionally – especially when you want your promotion to stand out from the crowd – but make sure that the promotion design doesn’t clash with that of your usual posts or with the look and feel of your social networks.
2. Work in coordination with the offline team. If you’re going to carry out a promotion that is connected to an offline event, make sure that the image of the promotion is consistent with all other event advertising: posters, merchandising, etc.
3. Be original. You only have a few seconds to capture users’ attention. Do your best to make your promotion as original – graphically and textually – as possible, with plenty of interesting content.
4. Adapted formats. Adapt the design so that the promotion can be seen on any device. Let’s look at how to do this:
- The graphic design of the various Easypromos screens: home page, registration form, prize list, thank you page, viral images, etc.
- Specific graphic content for each type of promotion: questionnaires, surveys, promotional codes or coupons, hashtag contests, etc.
- Images used to publicize the promotion on social media should use specific measurements: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. If it’s a large-scale promotion you could even temporarily adapt the cover images of your social media profiles.
- Adapt the graphics to your blog too. If you have a blog, use it to publicize your promotion.
- Images for your email. Create an email to inform your clients about the promotion. Don’t forget to create a header for your email, show the promotion and the prize using decent sized images and so on.
- Don’t forget about Ads. If you’re planning to invest in paid social media advertising, make sure you prepare graphics with the necessary measurements. Remember that in Facebook, for example, the text should not exceed 20% of the image.
To ensure that the promotion image is appropriate and satisfying to users we suggest that you create a primary design, plus two or three variations. You can then adapt these to the different formats you need your design to fit.The #GraphicDesign is one of the most important aspects of a successful #promotion Click To Tweet
5. Choose a font which is easy to read, and which identifies your brand. We recommend always using the same font so that users learn to identify it as yours. This will ensure that your followers recognize your brand as soon as they see the design.
There may be some promotions which require a special type of font, for example a Halloween or Valentine’s Day promotion.
6. Center the message. Don’t overload the images with text. And think carefully about the idea you want to convey. The message of most value to users is the one you should be highlighting.
7. Review and revise. It’s a good idea to check a few times whether the texts in your graphics are correct. A typo or spelling mistake can spoil an otherwise excellent graphic.
8. Try different alternatives until you find the right one. Each time you run a promotion, check which style of graphics fits best with each promotion type. The contest dynamic, the type of public you are targeting, the time of the year, and even the prize, can all call for different styles of graphics.
Bring out your weapons of mass seduction and breathe life into your promotion graphics, making your contests and sweepstakes more appealing and effective. You’ll attract more attention, boost participation and brand awareness. If you want to find inspiration for your design, check out this blogpost with 7 websites containing images and resources.
Easypromos TeamContent produced by Easypromos Marketing Team
Publication date: 2018-02-13