Lots of businesses are making the most of the World Cup in their online marketing strategy. Let yourself get carried away by World Cup fever and take advantage of the fact that during the tournament, soccer fans are likely to be more active on social media than ever. There’ll never be a better time to woo soccer fans, make them fall for your brand, and become loyal followers. One of the simplest ways of pulling this off is to launch a World Cup betting pool on Twitter. Twitter is probably the social network most commonly used by soccer fans to share their thoughts on the matches as they take place. So, lay down a challenge to soccer fans on Twitter, offer them a reward and invite them to take part in your betting pool. Read on to find out everything you need to know about World Cup betting pools!
Three reasons to use the World Cup in your online marketing
Look around you. How many people do you see talking about the World Cup? Exactly: the majority! And they don’t just talk about it face-to-face. They talk about it on social media too. The World Cup, as well as rousing the passion of soccer lovers everywhere, also provides you with an excellent conversion opportunity for your company’s online marketing. Here are the top three reasons why you shouldn’t let this opportunity go by:
- Increase social media engagement. Soccer fans love to keep up to date with their favorite tournament. They also enjoy chatting about each new development on social media. Make the most of this by offering them a World Cup betting pool that appeals to soccer fans. You’ll ensure that your content and actions reach a greater potential audience while generating engagement and better positioning your brand.
- Attracting soccer fans to your promotion couldn’t be easier. You already know what they’re most passionate about. Using the World Cup as the main theme of your promotion and generating engagement will be a piece of cake.
- By using World Cup-related promotions and contests you’ll ensure that soccer fans include you in their list of favorite businesses. Consumers are always grateful for promotions and contests, but if it’s World Cup related they’ll be even happier to take part. They’ll come back to you, again and again, boosting your loyalty ratio. All you have to do is offer a prize that appeals to football fans.
How to create your World Cup betting pool on Twitter
When it comes to betting pools, Twitter offers a fun option to generate engagement among your audience. Here’s an example of a poll you can create directly from Twitter.
This is a great option if you’re only looking to get to know what your audience thinks. However, this option limits your possibilities when it comes to generating engagement and visibility for your brand. World Cup betting pools are a perfect opportunity to foster customer loyalty and trust. But how can it be done? We recommend running World Cup betting pools in which users get a chance to win attractive prizes, freebies, and discounts. And here’s how to do it.
Prepare a Twitter post in which you ask followers to predict, for example, the winner of a match. Ask them to reply to the tweet with their predictions. You can even use hashtags to make the whole promotion more fun.
Once you know the official result of the World Cup match, use the Twitter Giveaway app to import all the replies to your publication and run a giveaway for all participants. Or, if you asked users to use hashtags, you will be able to run a prize draw only for the users that correctly predicted the match score.
Another action that can enliven your soccer betting pool on Twitter is to combine the sweepstakes hashtag with the mention of friends. This will enable you to generate even more online noise and boost the branding of your business. And, best of all, when you run the giveaway you’ll be able to segment the participants according to your requirements for participation: comment with hashtag only or comment with hashtag + mention of friends.
And don’t forget to show off the betting pool prize in the text of the post to encourage users to leave their comments and participate in the betting pool!
How to run a giveaway for participants of a Twitter World Cup betting pool
Running a giveaway on Twitter is a quick and easy process. Here’s a simple, step-by-step guide to running a reply-with-hashtag giveaway:
- Select the giveaway option on Twitter and choose the type of a prize draw you want to run – in this case, one based on replies.
- Connect your Twitter account with Easypromos.
- Choose the betting pool post that will be used to import participants. You can select up to 10 different posts. You can run the sweepstakes between those who have commented on any one of the posts.
- Select the hashtag and mark it green.
- Use the exclusion filters if there are any participants who don’t meet the requirements or are on your blacklist.
- Use the ‘mentions’ section when one of your requirements for entering the sweepstakes is to mention one or more friends.
- Select the number of winners and alternates for your sweepstakes.
- Finally, carry out the sweepstakes. You’ll obtain the names of the winners and alternates, together with a certificate of validity.
See how easy it is? Don’t wait a minute longer! You still have time to launch your own World Cup betting pool on Twitter! Post your tweet with the betting pool and contact us in case of questions! And don’t forget to visit our special hub if you’re looking for more World Cup promotion ideas.
Publication date: 2018-07-02